Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson pickups.

Cú Chulainn

Possibly a new guitar on it's way and I'm once again looking in the direction of Gibson pickups and especially the Dirty Fingers [flapper]

now...is there anyway/anywhere to custom order these? since the original only seems to come in black w/ the printed gold logo...

I'd like a black/creme zebra version, withouth the logo. Nothing more than that [smile]

Yeah you want Custom wound pickups you better talk to one of the after Market Pickup winders on there.

the only custom about this would be another color for the bobbins since the DF only seems

to be available in black and not the 'DIRTFY FINGERS' print on one bobbin, other than that,

it would be pure original. Gibson do have humbuckers with zebra-bobbins without print for

their other pickups so I can't see this be too much of a hassle, just put a cream bobbin

on the winding machine [biggrin]

maybe I wasn't clear enough? I don't want customshop pickups. I was inquiring about getting a

Dirty Fingers in Zebra and without the logo. Other than those cosmetic features I wouldn't change a thing. [unsure]

Just thought it made sense since Gibson offers a few other humbucker models(if not all) in zebra!

If I wanted something completely custom I shouldn't have asked in the first place... [flapper]

maybe I wasn't clear enough? I don't want customshop pickups. I was inquiring about getting a

Dirty Fingers in Zebra and without the logo. Other than those cosmetic features I wouldn't change a thing. [unsure]

Just thought it made sense since Gibson offers a few other humbucker models(if not all) in zebra!

If I wanted something completely custom I shouldn't have asked in the first place... [flapper]

Gibson doesn't do custom pickups. They do a couple signature pickups (like the Angus Young set for example), but they aren't a custom pickup company. They make musical instruments. They have a Custom Shop, but that's for full instruments. If you want something the way YOU want it, and it isn't offered normally, then your only option is a custom winder. Gibson does not tailor to you. The Dirty Fingers come in Black with the logo. That's It.

-Ryan

Archived