Gibson Brands Forums

Advice needed for black Pro bucker P/U covers

Ricktoo

Hi everyone, happy new year.

I recently bought a new LP Plus top Pro in Trans Black and my plan is to murder it all out in black. ie: replace chrome pickup covers with black ones, also new black LP style knobs, maybe some pointers/indicators under the knobs etc.

The issue is I would like to replace the P/U covers with stock Epi black ones but not sure if Epi makes black Pro bucker P/U's or even what else may fit. I thought about EMG's all black plastic covers but i'm afraid they might be too close to the strings. I wouldn't mind something that would cover the chrome poles on the P/U's but it's not absolutely necessary if I can find a black cover that aligns with the pro bucker's poles they'd be fine. I guess I could always paint them but then again paint may not stick properly to the chrome plus i'd prefer to keep all the original pieces I replace, for future just in case I decide to make it stock again one day.

Any experience or advice shared would be greatly appreciated.

PS:

I plan to post before/after pics when i'm done the transformation

Thanks all, Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, noone here has tried to replace thier LP chrome p/u covers with black ones? I'm truly surprised to find no replies. I thought for sure this would be the place with tons of folks with experience customizing they're axes.

I'm a big Epi customizer, although I'm not into black PU's. Take the measurements and look on eBay for replacement covers.

Just figure out which spacing you need and these should work.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DIMGG16COV

Hi everyone, happy new year.

I recently bought a new LP Plus top Pro in Trans Black and my plan is to murder it all out in black. ie: replace chrome pickup covers with black ones, also new black LP style knobs, maybe some pointers/indicators under the knobs etc.

The issue is I would like to replace the P/U covers with stock Epi black ones but not sure if Epi makes black Pro bucker P/U's or even what else may fit. I thought about EMG's all black plastic covers but i'm afraid they might be too close to the strings. I wouldn't mind something that would cover the chrome poles on the P/U's but it's not absolutely necessary if I can find a black cover that aligns with the pro bucker's poles they'd be fine. I guess I could always paint them but then again paint may not stick properly to the chrome plus i'd prefer to keep all the original pieces I replace, for future just in case I decide to make it stock again one day.

Any experience or advice shared would be greatly appreciated.

PS:

I plan to post before/after pics when i'm done the transformation

Thanks all, Rick

Archived