Gibson Brands Forums

J60 bought in 1970????

WearesKate

I just went and looked and sure enough there are several paragraphs on the JG-0 and JG-12 in the Fabulous Flattop books.  The book says Norlin came out with the model as a  no frills "budget" jumbo in 1970 and produced them  through 1972 although it still popped up in small numbers in subsequent years which the book says were most likely some  leftover guitars.  

Edited by zombywoof

I had one about 4 years ago. I returned it because the refinish and repaired headstock crack were not disclosed in the auction. The auction had crappy photos but I bought it cheap so....

I kept it just long enough to strum a few chords on it. I didn't get a Gibson vibe from it at all, but it was a good sounding guitar.  I maybe should have kept it, refretted it (they were WORN) and lived with the ugly refinish and volute crack.  

I know models like the LG0, JG0, CL, B20, etc, went through many spec changes based on what was available for parts. It was like that was the dumping ground. Fair enough. It's a real Gibson cheap. Live with the variances. 

I didn't know any JG0's had pin bridges though. Maybe!