Gibson Brands Forums

My guitar

Matty27

Hi guys I'm wanting some advise if that's ok I have a Gibson les Paul 2012 standard which as u all prob know with Grover locking tuners but I'd like to get vintage style pearloid tuners fitted but I'm wondering if new screw holes would be needed and would old screw holes be visible at back of headstock many thanks for any replies

There are lots of options re: replacement tuners. Google is your friend. If you're lucky you'll be able to find info somewhere re: the exact specs for the tuners you have already. Maybe (maybe) Gibson will even be able to help you. Then just search till you find replacements that fit. It's not a big deal to fill existing holes if you don't find ones that fit but I think you're making the right decision re: avoiding that.

Some suppliers include:

www.stewmac.com

www.allparts.com

www.grguitars.com

These suppliers might be able to help you find a match as well.

Good luck!

There are lots of options re: replacement tuners. Google is your friend. If you're lucky you'll be able to find info somewhere re: the exact specs for the tuners you have already. Maybe (maybe) Gibson will even be able to help you. Then just search till you find replacements that fit. It's not a big deal to fill existing holes if you don't find ones that fit but I think you're making the right decision re: avoiding that.

Some suppliers include:

www.stewmac.com

www.allparts.com

www.grguitars.com

These suppliers might be able to help you find a match as well.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help its something I'm really considering as I prefer the look of traditional tuners I was going to buy the Gibson traditional les Paul but prefer les Paul's without pick guards and wouldn't want to take it off as once again screw holes

Archived