Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Guitarstrummer.....you ever dealt with "Wildwood Guitars"?

onewilyfool

Been there several times, but have never purchased from them. I personally don't like their store set-up. Anything inside their store that's on display is hung high on hooks so you need to ask for help in seeing anything. Most of their inventory is kept in a separate "warehouse" or back part of their building. If you want to see something in particular, you have to ask them for it and then they go and get it. I've only been there once since they recently became a Five Star Dealer, so maybe they'll change things around.

I also wasn't impressed with their sales staff and pricing. I had a hard time getting them to commit to a price and it seemed like they were trying to play a lot of games. When they finally told me a price, it was pretty high, compared to what I usually pay.

A lot of people do like their store, though.

Hi, in defense of shops putting guitars up on high hooks out of peoples reach, I work in a major UK retailer for guitars and believe me, I have a reason for putting guitars up high, it stops the sweaty handed people who cant play and want to try bash out stairway (albeit very badly) from ruining the guitars and putting wear and tear on them. Only last week someone decided to try to pick up a £700 Takamine off the wall only to bash 2 marks into the cedar top. Well, thats why we put em up high LOL.

I have always gotten good if not great deals from Wildwood. They do keep their stock in their cases, not on display. But anything I've bought there has been in pristine condition. Their website is updated daily. I just look at it and go to the store if I want to see something.

I highly recommend them.

I live within spitting distance of a Gibson dealer and still get in the car to drive to Wildwood.

Archived