Gibson Brands Forums

ES330 VOS video

bacham

Hey guys, I ended up purchasing a Gibson ES330 VOS in Cherry with a bigsby. I absolutely love it, I am over the moon! just wanted to thank the forum for your help with this!

Here is a video of me noodling around on it playing Lenny in case you want to hear how it sounds:

Still working on some minor adjustments e.g. strings (i.e. 10s vs. 11s vs. 12s) and slight buzzing from the cables inside the guitar (seems to be a common problem with these), but apart from that it is amazing!

My feelings exactly!

Really enjoying it. Mind if I ask what strings you have on it?

Haven't changed the strings since buying it.

They may or may not be the factory shipped strings,

but it's a set of 10s, and they feel very comfy.

I generally leave strings on a long time.

Eventually will try a set of Gibson Vintage Reissue 10s.

Nice playing - and nice 330. I got the sunburst model, and it has elbowed aside my '66 330 to become my favorite guitar. The '66 is great - has Fralins replacing the original P-90's, and they are fantastic. Biut the neck on the VOS 330 is just beyond belief. Never played a guitar that felt so right.

Enjoy yours!

Lovely tone and playing - *applause*

The ES-330 is not talked about so much, but always seems to sound good. I once met up with a guy in a music store where he was going to buy my ES-355. When he picked up an ES-330 that the store had and started playing, I thought, "Damn, that sounds better", and he obviously thought the same thing, because he walked out with the 330 and I still had the 355.

Archived