Gibson Brands Forums

Just bought an SST....

cb56

... and I love it!

It's an older one without the fancy EQ. It just has the volume and tone knob.

It says limited edition on the back of the headstock.

Any way to know how old it is and where it was made? Maybe a link to an online owners manual?

Anyway, it's a keeper. I'm playing it through a F##d@r acoustasonic amp and it sounds great!

I've got one from 2003. It's one of the best made, nicest playing, worst sounding guitars I've ever owned. I've been looking for a better quality internal pre-amp for it for years but there's nothing available. Here's a pic anyhow.

ChetAtkins_small.jpg

I've got one from 2003. It's one of the best made, nicest playing, worst sounding guitars I've ever owned. I've been looking for a better quality internal pre-amp for it for years but there's nothing available. Here's a pic anyhow.

ChetAtkins_small.jpg

Wow, sorry to hear that. You must have gotten a dog or I got real lucky. Mine sounds great

Wow, sorry to hear that. You must have gotten a dog or I got real lucky. Mine sounds great

The various models from various periods all had different pickups/electronics. The best ones were the shoulder mounts with the sliders. It's not so bad. I only have £60.00 ($100.00) in it so it wasn't a great loss, and like I said, it plays great. I wired the piezo straight to the jack and played through a friends Fishman Aura Spectrum it plays good AND sounds good. Sadly the Aura is £300.00. I'm going to see if it's usable with the Fishman Triple Play when they finally get around to releasing it.

The various models from various periods all had different pickups/electronics. The best ones were the shoulder mounts with the sliders. It's not so bad. I only have £60.00 ($100.00) in it so it wasn't a great loss, and like I said, it plays great. I wired the piezo straight to the jack and played through a friends Fishman Aura Spectrum it plays good AND sounds good. Sadly the Aura is £300.00. I'm going to see if it's usable with the Fishman Triple Play when they finally get around to releasing it.

Hey any chance you've put a 2nd strap button on yours?

I want to put one on mine but not sure where to do it so as not to damage the guitar.

Wow $100 is a good deal. I think the case sells for more than that.

Archived