Gibson Brands Forums

Does Gibson still make amps?

daveinspain

I happened to catch a interview of JC at Winter NAMM and near the end of the interview he was asked about Gibson making Amps again. It seemed to have caught JC off base a bit. He is usually more dialed in on every question. He didn't say no but didn't offer any plans were in the works. I expect they are focused on getting the business back in profit and running smooth before jumping in a new direction. It would seem to be a winner and a good addition to the business.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one of the short run of GA-5 Les Paul Junior amps that Gibson put out in the mid ‘00s. I bought it new, but it has been gathering dust for years. I had switched to modeling mostly, and then stopped playing as much as I once did. With all of the stay at home time because of Covid, I’ve been playing a lot more lately, mostly acoustic. I finally got around to cleaning up and restringing a couple of my electrics. I dusted off the little GA-5 and rediscovered what a gem this little amp really is. My SG with single coil P-94s and my 335 with ‘57s both sound absolutely fantastic through it! Best of all, I picked up a 1959 Gibson EM-150 mandolin with a P-90 back in May. It’s tone through this little GA-5 is simply amazing! 

• 1 year later...