Gibson Brands Forums

Burstbucker Pro's

lafromla1

I want to put a set of Burstbucker Pro's in a new guitar that I am building and want to know if I needed to purchase a matching set (if there is such a thing) or can I install the neck and bridge from separate packages? Also, can I only use a 3-way switch or can a 5-way rotary switch be used and is there any advantage to it? Thanks....

...hi, welcome to the forum...

right now there is some controversy as to wether the burstbucker pros are the same pickup for the neck and bridge. I dont think you need a "matched pair" seeing as you can also install a burstbucker pro and a 57 (just as an example).

The 3 way switch is the way to go, as burstbucker pros only have 2 conductors... 5 way switches can be very useful with pickups with 4 wires.

...hi' date=' welcome to the forum...

right now there is some controversy as to wether the burstbucker pros are the same pickup for the neck and bridge.[/quote']

Thank you for the welcome. I am curious to know about this controversy and where I can find more info on this, especially at the price these bad boys are commanding, I want to make sure that I am making a smart investment.

Archived