Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone got a 94 model Sheraton?

pauly

Can anybody give any input on a Korean made 94 Sheraton? Any of you guy's got one? I got a guitar I'm thinking about trading for one and just curious about them. I've only seen pictures of the Sheraton in question, its a nice looking one in gloss sunburst with buckers on it. Any input appreciated.

I have two Sheratons:

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Saein Plant, Korea/China

March 2007

Production Number: 1181

I already have an Epiphone Sheraton II

Sheraton II Epiphone

Guitar Info

Samick Plant, Korea

September 1994

Production Number: 1444

The second is what you are asking about - mine is also in a vintage sunburst. I personally prefer it to the newer version, but there is nothing really wrong with either - it's just that - preference. The headstock on the 94 is about 1/2 shorter than the 2007. To me the 2007 neck seem very slightly 'chunkier'. Both are beautidul guitars with the newer one an ebony model. I feel the pups are a little clearer in the newer one, but again - it's hard to tell.

IMHO you cannot go wrong with almost any Sheraton - I still feel they represent and excellent price point and build quality.

I still have the original pups and electromics in mine, but a chum has his redone with 57's and new wiring harness. He also has numerous Gibsons and still cannot believe how close his particular guitars are (gibson and epi), but the wide price spread between them.

FWIW

I have two Sheratons:

Guitar Info

Saein Plant, Korea/China

March 2007

Production Number: 1181

I already have an Epiphone Sheraton II

Sheraton II Epiphone

Guitar Info

Samick Plant, Korea

September 1994

Production Number: 1444

The second is what you are asking about - mine is also in a vintage sunburst. I personally prefer it to the newer version, but there is nothing really wrong with either - it's just that - preference. The headstock on the 94 is about 1/2 shorter than the 2007. To me the 2007 neck seem very slightly 'chunkier'. Both are beautidul guitars with the newer one an ebony model. I feel the pups are a little clearer in the newer one, but again - it's hard to tell.

IMHO you cannot go wrong with almost any Sheraton - I still feel they represent and excellent price point and build quality.

I still have the original pups and electromics in mine, but a chum has his redone with 57's and new wiring harness. He also has numerous Gibsons and still cannot believe how close his particular guitars are (gibson and epi), but the wide price spread between them.

FWIW

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

Weren't they 'Sheraton I's' in 1994, which according to my bluebook of guitar values, are not worth as much as Sheraton II's.

Dunno but Wikipedia says:

The Epiphone Sheraton II was introduced in 1986 and featured only one major difference. The Frequensator tail piece was now replaced by a fixed stop bar. Recently the vintage sunburst finish that many Sheratons are made in has changed color from a black on deep red color to a black on orange-yellow color.

That sure fits the description of my 1994 with the fixed stop bar and colour.

Archived