Gibson Brands Forums

ES-225 Production Numbers

Cobretti

Hello! I'm new to this forum, this is my first post and I'm hoping to find some help out here in Gibsonland.

I just bought a 1959 ES-225TD and was interested in the production numbers for this model, hopefully broken down by year and finish. I can't seem to find any info other than the overall totals for either the single or double pickup versions.

I've wanted one of these for quite a while (I haven't even received it yet!) and I'm looking forward to it. It's a project as someone stripped it down for parts, but that's good with me as I like bringing the old stuff back to life again. I have a trapeze tailpiece that's been waiting for this for a few years now, but I'm sure my wallet won't appreciate the rest of this adventure...

According to the Duchossoir book, totals for the ES-225TD were:

1956 - 205

1957 - 582

1958 - 697

1959 - 728

On top of that there were an average of 1000 ES-225Ts a year from '55 to '59, and less than 1000 total of 225TN and 225TDNs.

Awesome score on your part! I have a 58TD and I love it. Very comfortable and fast neck....especially with 010 flat wounds! The P90's are sweet and crackly through my Marshall JTM30's clean channel...It has a 60's bigsby and Grovers on it, but my plan is to get it back to original as well...

Archived