Gibson Brands Forums

Et 276

gmm213

I have a guy that is wanting to trade some cash and a guitar for my wheeler. He wasnt sure what it was so after research I came down to it being an ET 276. What is the going price for a good one? The only examples Ive found are around $200-$300 but hes saying hes seen it up around $800.

My only concern is that the inlays are pearl but the only ets with pearl inlays have gold hardware

At first i thought it might be a crestwood but the head style and pickguard and knobs and vibrato dont match up.

post-54587-038583100 1363742633_thumb.jpg

it is a crestwood. the price will be based on the age and condition. one's with a tremolo and mini humbucker fetch the most money. I think your in the ball park at 200.00 Others on the forum maybe able to give a better answer.

it is a crestwood. the price will be based on the age and condition. one's with a tremolo and mini humbucker fetch the most money. I think your in the ball park at 200.00 Others on the forum maybe able to give a better answer.

so are ets and crestwoods the same other than one being japanese made and being better quality? I thought they were different models

i just did some looking on line and there are a number of variations during the time the et series was made. But, from what I am seeing, they are crestwoods. But, based on the link I could be off.

Link

This guitar might actually be a Japanese Wilshire. Not an ET-Series or original Crestwood or Wilshire. The best way to tell is to see if the guitar has a set neck and the elongated headstock.

Here is the Japanese Wilshire:

http://epiphonewiki....oku.2C_Japan.29

WilshireJDM.jpg

Here is an ET Series headstock:

EtHeadstock.jpg

Notice the difference between the shape of the two headstocks.

The Japanese Wilshire was a high quality instrument made for the Japanese Domestic market only. During that time Epiphone was exporting the ET guitars everywhere else. If this is indeed a Japanese Wilshire, $600-$800 may be a fair price depending on condition, though I am not certain of the actual market value. I do know that they are worth quite a bit more than the ET guitars.

A pic of the headstock and neck joint will determine what this guitar is for sure.

i now have a guy willing to do a mxican strat with cash on top. I know this is a Gibson board but anyone have an opinion? Plus anyone know what the Strats used value is being Mexican made? Im not lookin to sell either just want to get my wheelers worth

Archived