Gibson Brands Forums

Finally got an epiphone

Theidlersdream

After teaching myself to play guitar for almost 5 years, I have at last joined the epiphone family with the happy purchase of my vintage cherry burst ib 64 Texan. I had a great time with a 3rd hand Ashton d25 (that is an absolute beauty to learn on. I still own and love it) but I've wanted an epiphone since I saw just how cool Noel Gallagher looked with them in the defo maybe days, as a ten year old.

More than oneg or two years have passed since those tentative steps into the world of guitar music. My tastes now range much further than the britpop revolution that swept the northern council estates of the middle 90s, but it still has a special place! As I have delved further into the British guitar scene, one thing has linked pretty much all of my guitar heroes... They ALL have a super cool epiphone or two.

After playing a few open mics, it quickly became obvious that I needed a good electro acoustic... What can I get for £250-£350? The Ej200ce almost jumped at me from the dawsons website. It looked stunning in the vs finish, was well inside budget and oozed of the chief. I read loads of reviews and I had that waynes world moment... Oh yes, she will be mine! I didn't want to buy it online as I wanted to play it first, this turned out to be a great decision. It was okay but it wasn't quite there for me.

The Inspired by 64 Texan was my second choice and cost the same £300. The understated coolness was at odds with the visual decadence of the ej and this made it all the more eye catching. As soon as I held it, it felt amazing. After 10 minutes playing it I was in love, a quick phone call to my oppo P90 tipped the balance... Happy new guitar day.

4 weeks later, I've hardly put it down. It feels great, sounds sweet as a nut and of course always draws the eyes. A new set of elixir 11s will complete package and I will review it in more detail then. I look forward to growing with it and I look forward to talking about guitars with you all.

Happy guitaring, Will

After teaching myself to play guitar for almost 5 years, I have at last joined the epiphone family with the happy purchase of my vintage cherry burst ib 64 Texan. I had a great time with a 3rd hand Ashton d25 (that is an absolute beauty to learn on. I still own and love it) but I've wanted an epiphone since I saw just how cool Noel Gallagher looked with them in the defo maybe days, as a ten year old.

More than oneg or two years have passed since those tentative steps into the world of guitar music. My tastes now range much further than the britpop revolution that swept the northern council estates of the middle 90s, but it still has a special place! As I have delved further into the British guitar scene, one thing has linked pretty much all of my guitar heroes... They ALL have a super cool epiphone or two.

After playing a few open mics, it quickly became obvious that I needed a good electro acoustic... What can I get for £250-£350? The Ej200ce almost jumped at me from the dawsons website. It looked stunning in the vs finish, was well inside budget and oozed of the chief. I read loads of reviews and I had that waynes world moment... Oh yes, she will be mine! I didn't want to buy it online as I wanted to play it first, this turned out to be a great decision. It was okay but it wasn't quite there for me.

The Inspired by 64 Texan was my second choice and cost the same £300. The understated coolness was at odds with the visual decadence of the ej and this made it all the more eye catching. As soon as I held it, it felt amazing. After 10 minutes playing it I was in love, a quick phone call to my oppo P90 tipped the balance... Happy new guitar day.

4 weeks later, I've hardly put it down. It feels great, sounds sweet as a nut and of course always draws the eyes. A new set of elixir 11s will complete package and I will review it in more detail then. I look forward to growing with it and I look forward to talking about guitars with you all.

Happy guitaring, Will

That guitar has got very good reviews and being an AJ slope shoulder model it will be able to play almost anything with sweet clean balance. Good choice and I prefer it over the EJ-200 any day. Good luck with it, and congratulations!

Archived