Gibson Brands Forums

Root Beer? Honey Burst? ???

Epi LPlayer

Hi All,

New to the forum here, and just picked up a nice Korean made 2000 Epiphone Les Paul Standard with upgraded pick-ups (Gibson U.S.A '57 Classics) and tuners (Gibson Kluson style). It had just been sitting around, so it needed some TLC and a set-up (she's in the shop now for the deluxe spa treatment); but otherwise it's in nice shape. I love the finish color (see attached), but I don't know what shade it actually is? It looks a little dark to be Honey Burst (although it could have aged some in 14-years), and I don't think they made these in Root Beer? I love it regardless of what it's called, but I'm curious what it actually is and thought someone here might know? Appreciate any help...thanks!

post-66886-069022000 1407430092_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the fray. Great looking Eppy you have there. I would be hard pressed to come up with the correct name for that color. It is indeed gorgeous. I have a Honey Burst Eppy LP, and its quite a bit lighter than yours. I also have a Root Beer Gibson LPDC...and its just a shade or two darker than your guitar. No matter...its a great looking guitar. I hope it brings you years of happiness and in tune playing.

Hi All,

New to the forum here, and just picked up a nice Korean made 2000 Epiphone Les Paul Standard with upgraded pick-ups (Gibson U.S.A '57 Classics) and tuners (Gibson Kluson style). It had just been sitting around, so it needed some TLC and a set-up (she's in the shop now for the deluxe spa treatment); but otherwise it's in nice shape. I love the finish color (see attached), but I don't know what shade it actually is? It looks a little dark to be Honey Burst (although it could have aged some in 14-years), and I don't think they made these in Root Beer? I love it regardless of what it's called, but I'm curious what it actually is and thought someone here might know? Appreciate any help...thanks!

looks close to the recent Desert Burst colors I've seen.

It there were a root beer burst, I think it would look like that. I wish that Epiphone would make guitars in root beer. Gibson has from time to time on their Les Paul Studio models. I like the color of George Harrison's Country Gentleman, but George and I seem to be in the minority.

Hello, been lurking for awhile but first post/reply. I have a similar LP. Tried to attach a photo taken with this iPad but it exceeds size limit. Holding your picture next to my guitar both wife and I think it's very close. I got it from Music Go Round a couple of weeks ago. Very impressed with the condition it's in for a 10 year old import. Serial number indicates it was made in March 2004 at the Daewon, China factory. Had to replace the tone pots as they wouldn't clean up with DeOxit, clean up couple bridge and nut slots,new strings and intonation. That's it. Unlike other Epiphones I have so far I don't think the pickups will be changed. Not bad at all.

The only downer so far is the finger board radius. I assumed it would be 12 inch like my Sheraton but it's more like 18. Flatter than I like but I'm trying to get used to it.

Later,

Jim

Archived