Gibson Brands Forums

strings on a new J45 2016

songman

My brand-new J45 2016 Standard Vintage Sunburst sounds so unbelievably good that I am dreading the day I have to change strings. In the case there was a package of strings included, namely Gibson 80/20 Bronze Lights (.012 -.053). In all probability I guess these are also the strings which came on the guitar. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks cheers, Bob.

maybe Masterbuilt Premiums?

That's what my J200 came with.

I tried to order some more from JUSTSTRINGS.COM but they've either stopped selling them, or their are on a very long back-order wait list.

maybe Masterbuilt Premiums?

That's what my J200 came with.

I tried to order some more from JUSTSTRINGS.COM but they've either stopped selling them, or their are on a very long back-order wait list.

Indeed those are the ones that were included in a spare pack: Masterbuilt Premium 80/20 Brass Acoustic Guitar Strings. I guess that means that those were also on the guitar when it came from the factory?

Cheers, Bob

yea, I think so.

Guess they include s spare set.

I tried to order a few from Juststrings.com but they have been on back-order fo so long now those guys removed them from their product listings.

they are good sounding/feeling strings but longevity isn't a thing with these. about 6 weeks if you play it everyday.

I may try my go to set when these (on the second set) need to go.. (elixr nano web, pb or 80/20 12s)

My brand-new J45 2016 Standard Vintage Sunburst sounds so unbelievably good that I am dreading the day I have to change strings. In the case there was a package of strings included, namely Gibson 80/20 Bronze Lights (.012 -.053). In all probability I guess these are also the strings which came on the guitar. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks cheers, Bob.

Congrats on your new guitar! This would have indeed come with the 12-53 Masterbuilt 80/20 set from the factory.

Archived