Gibson Brands Forums

Which era is my Gibson mini humbucker

tOCK

I just purchased this recently for $70.

The bottom of the pole peices and the legs the screws attach to were snipped off. Presumably to fit in a shallow body. So previously the pole peices were longer. It's rated at 6.3k.

It's got the remains of PAF sticker. I can see wooden spacers inside.

According to the PAF info website, there were real PAF mini humbuckers put in Epiphones in 61 and 62. So obviously I'm hoping its those early ones but chances are slim.

Thanks. Good read.

Not much specifics though. Bump!

Well from the article linked it appears you maybe have what you were hoping for although not 100% conclusive.

"The first was a model acquired from Epiphone and found on their Sheraton and Sorrento models. On the surface it appeared much like a regular PAF humbucker but shrunk down a little in width. It was even built with the same 'Patent Applied For' sticker found on the back of original PAFs."

Johnny

Well from the article linked it appears you maybe have what you were hoping for although not 100% conclusive.

"The first was a model acquired from Epiphone and found on their Sheraton and Sorrento models. On the surface it appeared much like a regular PAF humbucker but shrunk down a little in width. It was even built with the same 'Patent Applied For' sticker found on the back of original PAFs."

Johnny

Late 60's mini humbuckers also had that sticker. They were not true PAF's. Then again they were 7.7 k, unlike mine. So hope exists!

Archived