Gibson Guitar Board: Competent luthier in the San Jose area? - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Competent luthier in the San Jose area? A friend is having some issues with his Les Paul and SG

#1 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

Does anyone know a competent luthier in the San Jose, CA area?

I have a friend who's having issues with string breakage. Apparently, he's almost constantly breaking strings, particularly the high E string. He's said his teacher has worked on the bridge and filed it a bit and he's tried numerous strings. I'd like to help him find someone in that area that he can take his guitar to in order to get a second opinion. I don't know the competency level of his teacher.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Tman 

• Here most days
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe Coast

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostMichaelT, on 13 September 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

Does anyone know a competent luthier in the San Jose, CA area?

I have a friend who's having issues with string breakage. Apparently, he's almost constantly breaking strings, particularly the high E string. He's said his teacher has worked on the bridge and filed it a bit and he's tried numerous strings. I'd like to help him find someone in that area that he can take his guitar to in order to get a second opinion. I don't know the competency level of his teacher.

Thanks!

No but I know an incredibly competent one in LA though. Guitar Groomer. Avi is the best.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users