Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Hummingbird?!?!!

Sierra Marie

Okay, so I'm getting the Epiphone Hummingbird tomorrow. My dad owns the Gibson Hummingbird, and I play that all the time, its sound is perfect! I played it last time at Guitar Center, and it sounded and looked great. Anyone own one, and want to give me input??? I read reviews online, and most of them are great.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm getting the Epiphone Hummingbird tomorrow. My dad owns the Gibson Hummingbird, and I play that all the time, its sound is perfect! I played it last time at Guitar Center, and it sounded and looked great. Anyone own one, and want to give me input??? I read reviews online, and most of them are great.

Put Martin strings on mine and she sang like bird. When i first got it the factory strings werent very impressive to me so i put some martins on, and it was much better. I got involved in working out and didnt use her for about 3 months, when i came back she was sounding absolutely perfect! im not sure if the strings mature after being stretched or the wood matures or whatever but all i know once i had it for 3 months it sounded as good as the 800 dollar Ovation i had bought in 1990.

I have personally owned (and traded) Yamaha,Ovation,Ibanez, and played Gibson,Guild,Martin guitars and of all the ones i tried under 1000 i would have to say the Hummingbird was the best value for the money spent.

Get it and you will love it, a great guitar for the money and it's a beauty as well.

Archived