Gibson Brands Forums

6.5mm Truss Rod Nut

Balmain Bug

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a project guitar which is a Chinese made Epiphone Dot.

The truss rod nut was stripped. I managed to remove it. Now I need a new truss rod nut but I am finding it difficult to find one.

The nut I need is 6.5mm in diameter and takes a hex key. Gibson USA don't stock them and they stated that Epiphone don't have spares either.

If anyone has any suggestions on where I can get one I would be very happy to hear it.

Cheers

Paul.S

Hi guys,

The truss rod nut was stripped. I managed to remove it. Now I need a new truss rod nut but I am finding it difficult to find one.

The nut I need is 6.5mm in diameter and takes a hex key. Gibson USA don't stock them and they stated that Epiphone don't have spares either.

If anyone has any suggestions on where I can get one I would be very happy to hear it.

Cheers

Paul.S

We need to know the size of the INTERNAL thread. Please post a picture of the stripped nut. My guess that most import truss nuts will fit the internal thread - just give us an idea of what it looks like.

Take the nut to Home Depot and fit it on their metric bolt sizer. Even though it's stripped you will be able to determine the interal diameter.

Hi guys,

Cheers

Paul.S

Stewmac stock what you need

Stewmac stock what you need

Wiggy , Icant fond what I need on the stewMac website. I will measure the inside thread as requested to do so by the first person who replied and state what that is, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction there after.

Archived