Gibson Brands Forums

Brodway Bridge

abitet

Hi Guys,

I have an epi broadway. I'd like to change the bridge to a gibson ABR-1 Tune-o-matic. Do You think I can do that by using broadways original rosewood base? Has it same size bores?

Do you any ideas, how to make broadway much kind of L-5? I think pikcups, potentiometers, nut etc.

Best Regards! Have a nice day!

Hi Guys,

I have an epi broadway. I'd like to change the bridge to a gibson ABR-1 Tune-o-matic. Do You think I can do that by using broadways original rosewood base? Has it same size bores?

Do you any ideas, how to make broadway much kind of L-5? I think pikcups, potentiometers, nut etc.

Best Regards! Have a nice day!

I got 2006. I've done a few little improvements. The tailpiece and standard pickups to the Gibson 57 Classic pickups is what you need to change, (besides the ABR-1) to make

it sound better. Better pots maybe, but these won't make it sound any different.

What Do You thinka about changing the original rosewood base to an ebony one? I cant really decide about it, cause every guitar with ebony fretboard have ebony base too, and every rosewood fretboard guitar have rosewood base, on not just cheap models:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Archtop/Gibson-Acoustic/L7-C-Acoustic-Archtop.aspx

Gibson L-7C have rosewood fretboard and base!

So I guess, That is the good if the fretborad and base are the same wood! You think else?

Archived