Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elite (Not Elitist) Info

CharlieS.

While browsing the used section of a chain guitar store I came across a semi-hollow Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Now I had heard of the Les Paul Florentine but I had no idea there was an Epi version. Since I had been looking to add a Custom to my collection and, preferring hollow and semi-hollow bodies (see below), I had to take this home. After the shock of my find and the giddy high that comes with a new guitar started to subside, I started to do some research on this oddball. I found out all of the readily available info that's around; From '96-'98 there was the Elite (Custom w/f-holes) and from '98-'00 there was the LP-ES (Standard w/f-holes). What I'm looking for is any information folks might have about the pickups and maybe what they were retailing for back then. And before anyone asks, I'll put some pictures up when I get some good ones and the time to do so.

I like going to guitar stores.I only remember seeing that style of Epi LP at Mars Music before they went out of business. They had a lot of one of a kind (made just for them) guitars (or so it seemed, to me).

I like going to guitar stores.I only remember seeing that style of Epi LP at Mars Music before they went out of business. They had a lot of one of a kind (made just for them) guitars (or so it seemed, to me).

That's interesting... I missed out on Mars, they closed before I had any money. I mainly stick to scouring the internet for used stuff, but keep going into brick and mortar joints with the hopes of an occasional score.

Archived