Gibson Brands Forums

ES339 Coil Tapping

Bubba1

Hi Guys. I'm new around here. I bought a new Epiphone ES339 about a month ago. I really like the sound I get from this guitar a lot more than I thought I would. I had a Gibson Les Paul back in the 70's. Enjoyed that a lot too, but had to sell her when I decided to start a family and needed the cash more than I needed guitars. The reason I bring up the LP is that it had neat little position markers under the knobs and I thought those were pretty handy. so I got some for this ES339. When I went to take the knobs off to install the position markers, the tone controls came of nicely. The VOLUME knobs on the other hand, came off with a shaft still attached to the knob. I thought I broke the pots. I went ahead with the marker install and put the shafts back in the hole in the pot. Now, I'm worried I screwed the knobs up. They come out of the pot fairly easy now. what did I do and is there any hope of fixing them?

Thanks in advance...

Mike

That happened to me on one of my Epi LP's. The knob was on one was so tight, the push-pull shaft came up with it. I just lined it up and pushed the shaft back in the pot and it works fine. I got away with it, but I don't want to make a habit of doing that.

The pot shaft has come loose and it's very hard to repair. Most often tey are just replaced. Call Epiphone. They *MIGHT* send replacement parts under warrenty. 1-800-444-2766

Thanks Tony. I'll try that. Can't get it if ya don't ask, right?

Archived