Gibson Brands Forums

String Buzz

bashea

Patient: EJ-200 Artist

Problem: Sting Buzz

I bought this guitar at Guitar Center, and a few weeks after bringing it home the strings starting buzzing. I brought it back and they adjusted it, and it's been fine for quite a while, but now it's buzzing again. Mainly the E/A/D strings, 3rd through 9th frets.

I want to adjust it myself, and just need to know which direction to turn the truss rod screw (I know: a little at a time). If I'm looking at the adjustment tool from the head towards the bridge, do I turn it clockwise or counter-clockwise?

I've been trying to figure in my head whether it should be tightened or loosened, and which way to turn it, but this old brain is having none of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And this guitar sounds beautiful. It's the best $200 I've ever spent.

Thank you and rock on.

Patient: EJ-200 Artist

Problem: Sting Buzz

I bought this guitar at Guitar Center, and a few weeks after bringing it home the strings starting buzzing. I brought it back and they adjusted it, and it's been fine for quite a while, but now it's buzzing again. Mainly the E/A/D strings, 3rd through 9th frets.

I want to adjust it myself, and just need to know which direction to turn the truss rod screw (I know: a little at a time). If I'm looking at the adjustment tool from the head towards the bridge, do I turn it clockwise or counter-clockwise?

I've been trying to figure in my head whether it should be tightened or loosened, and which way to turn it, but this old brain is having none of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And this guitar sounds beautiful. It's the best $200 I've ever spent.

Thank you and rock on.

Clockwise to tighten the truss rod. (flatten neck or create a back bow) Counter clockwise to loosen

the truss rod. (creates relief or let's the neck bow in the opposite direction) Increasing the distance between the fretboard and strings. The center of the neck will be the most effected.

Faded....

Archived