Gibson Brands Forums

Maple lg2 banner

gov

Anyone have any idea how many of these were made? I'm having a hard time ascribing a value to it since i can't seem to find sales. Its a private seller and I'm thinking he has to much mental investment in it. Needs a neck reset but playable--has lots of finish wear for whatever that's worth and needs a new bridge. Appreciate any insight or guidance on this. Thanks.

Anyone have any idea how many of these were made? I'm having a hard time ascribing a value to it since i can't seem to find sales. Its a private seller and I'm thinking he has to much mental investment in it. Needs a neck reset but playable--has lots of finish wear for whatever that's worth and needs a new bridge. Appreciate any insight or guidance on this. Thanks.

Not sure how many were made--JT may know--but I looked at a very nice one that needed nothing earlier this year, and the asking price was $6900. Had modest finish wear, but no obvious problems. I've since seen another (not in person) with a similar asking price.

The one maple one I've played was almost bright to the point of harshness when fingerpicked with metal picks, which may not be the best test. Not overly loud, but very articulate.

Thanks Nick--that is helpful. I did reach out to JT but have not heard back. I'm not a collector and am looking for a player here so don't want to overpay for simply rarity. The guitar is in rough cosmetic shape but I really don't care about that. I'm more concerned about the neck set, bridge and braces. Upon as much inspection as I was comfortable conducting on the braces, all seem to be in good nick. Since we were too far apart on price, I did not wish to give it a more "thorough" going over.

Hopefully JT or Bill will weigh in here...

Archived