Gibson Brands Forums

Issues With Robot Guitar..

Resurgere

Hi all, just hoping that someone may have some experience with the same issue i am having. For the most part, my Robot works great. It also sounds great and looks great. Tuning is a breeze, auto string up, auto string down, intonation, head calibration, preset tuning recall, it all works great.

The one thing I simply cannot seem to do is to save my own preset tuning. I'm dropping to a very low ( A# F A# D# G C ) tuning. Now i can obviously tune the guitar there manually which is what you're supposed to do but the D string and the high E string will not flash blue to indicate they have recognised the tuning. They change from red to green when i strum them but they won't go blue and you can't save the preset unless you get all flashing blue.

I've tried this with different guage strings, i've tried to save a variety of custom tunings, i've calibrated the heads for the different gauges, i've tried adjusting the tuning accuracy up and down from factory standard. I've talked dirty to it, i've offerend it the life of my first born, i even read the manual, and this one feature just will not work for me.

It's fantastic to be able to get to standard tuning in 6 seconds but it's real frustrating when standard tuning is not YOUR standard tuning and the whole reason you bought it is so that you could finally play those really heavy songs in super low tunings without having to buy a guitar to leave in each because you're too lazy to re-tune every 3 songs.

Anyone had experience with this? Do Gibson techs read these forums?

Resurgere

• 1 year later...

Resurgere,

the Gibson Original Robot has a frequency range limitation for each string due to crosstalk issues we had.

Depending on the string, the limitation is 3 to 4 half tones up and / or down.

With the new Dark Fire tuning system we resolved this, even very low tunings like C, F, Bb, Eb, G, C are possible within two strums.

Acoustic Robot prototype:

Tronical

You play. We tune.

Resurgere' date='

the Gibson Original Robot has a frequency range limitation for each string due to crosstalk issues we had.

Depending on the string, the limitation is 3 to 4 half tones up and / or down.

With the new Dark Fire tuning system we resolved this, even very low tunings like C, F, Bb, Eb, G, C are possible within two strums.

Acoustic Robot prototype:

Tronical

You play. We tune.[/quote']

Do you know if Gibson will offer an upgrade kit for the Orignal Robot to this new system?

Thanks

Resurgere' date=' I had trouble with a custom tuning. G G D G D G . I LOWERED IT 1/2 STEP TO F# F# C# F# C# F# WORKS GREAT. Try tuning YOUR entire custom tuning UP 1/ 2 step. Instead of A# F A# D# G C try B F# B E G# C# THAT SHOULD BE IN THE GUITARS PARAMETER[/quote']

Did the Drop B tuning work?

I am looking to buy a Robot at the moment and the inability to do low tunings is somewhat of a dampener on the purchase.

However if Drop B is possible I could live with it (just).

Archived