Gibson Brands Forums

1963 Firebird 5

XenoCorey

My father recently handed down his Firebird. I am looking to get an appraisal done so I can take out a separate insurance policy on it. I am not interested in selling, it's a family heirloom. Everything is original aside from the bridge and screws. I know the guitar is rare, but I'm looking to possibly connect with some of the other owners. I believe Johnny Winter is one of them so I know that's a little out of the question.. haha. I'm active duty military and travel quite a bit, but as of right now I am in El Paso.

That's my second question.. I'm looking to replace some of the pickup screws, both the pickup ring screws and the machine screws that adjust the pickup height. Anyone have an idea as to where I might look for something like this?

Any help with either of my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Corey

Are you saying that you need something in writing about the value so that you can take that to an insurance company? You might be able to look on eBay or do a little research and just give your insurance company the value that you want to ensure it for.

Also, if you said that you are looking to replace the old screws with more original screws, I might try any good luthier in your area as a starting point.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived