Gibson Brands Forums

NAD!

jfletcher67

My new Marshall AS50D is "on truck for delivery", four of the best words going in my opinion. I will primarily be using my J-45 with it but hoping it will provide serviceable tones for my Gretsch as well. Any recommendations on a good pre-amp for electric guitar that would help to put in between the electric guitar and the acoustic amp? I'm just looking for a good clean tone, maybe a bit of drive on occasions. I've been looking at a few modeling pedals (Behringer GDI, Tech 21 Blonde, Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Pedal) but haven't tried one yet.

The idea is to lug one amp to shows instead of two if possible.

A couple of years ago I lucked into a great deal on a Marshall AS100D (essentially what you have in what is going to matter)so I got it to keep at the house where my mates and I jam on Friday nights. It gets used primarily by one of the guys who has latent electric guitar player's syndrome. He plays a run of the mill Epiphone Dot through it with a pedalboard in the signal chain. He gets some surprisingly good tones out of this system so I think you're going to like playing an electric guitar through your AS50D once you spend a little time figuring out what works the best.

I liked this amp so much I first bougth the 50 version then the 100 and its our main small venue gigging amp these days. But Ive never run an electric through it, might have to try it some time.

I'm sure you will enjoy it, very warm tone.

Archived