Gibson Brands Forums

62 sg with les paul

saorsa

I spent my high school and college years in Macon, GA. in 72 time frame i traded for an SG with an cracked neck at the guitar body! Several months later I took the SG to music shop that told me how to repair it. Due to hand condition I no longer play. I've taken up sailing. the stamped impression is a 74000 s/n. I would like to find a good home for her, anyone interested? My wife's sister son just posted it on e-bay. Can anyone tell me a dollar amount I should be looking for, she sounds good and plays like a dream...

I spent my high school and college years in Macon, GA. in 72 time frame i traded for an SG with an cracked neck at the guitar body! Several months later I took the SG to music shop that told me how to repair it. Due to hand condition I no longer play. I've taken up sailing. the stamped impression is a 74000 s/n. I would like to find a good home for her, anyone interested? My wife's sister son just posted it on e-bay. Can anyone tell me a dollar amount I should be looking for, she sounds good and plays like a dream...

Post a few pics of the guitar please.

Sorry for the delay! I was mistaken on the e-bay post, its on craigslist, jacksonville fl. musical inst, gibson (1962). shows 3 pics, s/n is in 78000's (I posted 74000's, sorry getting old), last pic if not removed (number 4) was added by mistake. Never done this before, sorry for any trouble. I live on a sailboat, sometime its difficult. Let me assure everybody the repair was done under the watch full eye of (what I consider) a professional. At the time i was newly married and both of us in college. We could not afford to pay the cost, so under a watch full eye, I placed to 2 foot 2X4's in the water for 24 hours, prepared the mating surfaces via air blast and cleaner, applied glue, using two wood clamps and boards, tighten each one with a small turn never putting much pressure on one side than the other. Since the neck was never broken all the way off the body it was a easy repair. If the 4200$ price is still listed, please note it will be lower to 2800$. I hope this helps and finds her a good home.

I placed to 2 foot 2X4's in the water for 24 hours, prepared the mating surfaces via air blast and cleaner, applied glue, using two wood clamps and boards, tighten each one with a small turn never putting much pressure on one side than the other. Since the neck was never broken all the way off the body it was a easy repair.

RUN AWAY!

I mean no disrespect, but with a repair of this nature, done in this manner, the guitar is virtually worthless. You also don't state the model of SG it is. There were a bunch of off-shoots during that time period, and many of them were "bad ideas".

This may be a guitar that is ACTUALLY better off being parted out. The pickups, tuners, pots, bridge, tailpiece, knobs, etc, are worth far more than in the assembled guitar!

None taken! As stated, from what I understand, 1962 custom SG with Les Paul neck. If you look up the S/N and talk to the Gibson people,you'll see it was one of success stories. I have played many different guitars over the years and many have play this one, all have said what a pleasure it was. Once tuned, it holds the tuned like any other good guitar. Never will part, I'll give to one of nephews! Thanks for your option!

Archived