Gibson Brands Forums

Serial # Question for Administrator

nfwestergreen

Hello,

I have a beautiful Les Paul, with the serial #9 6150. Can you tell me anything about this guitar (year, model, pickups)? I think it is a '96 R9, am I correct? Also, what pickups would a '96 R9 have? '57 Classics or Burstbuckers?

Also, I bought a beautiful guitar from Private Reserve. It is a Candy Apple Red Les Paul. They claim it is a "one of a kind" R8 that has never been duplicated. The serial number doesn't seem like it reads like most of the reissues. Is it because it is a "one of a kind" guitar? Could you tell me anything about this guitar? The serial # is CS80286.

Thanks for the help!

96150 brings up 2 guitars: an r9 from 1996 in heritage cherry sunburst finish...this guitar would have '57 Classic pickups; the other guitar is a VOS r9 in washed cheryy finish from 2006...this one would have BurstBucker pickups.

the candy apple red guitar falls under the umbrella of the sparkle top LPs that we ran a bunch of starting in late 2007. this one is from early 2008, and it may well be one of a kind...i don't recall a whole lot of them being built off an r8 template.

Archived