Gibson Brands Forums

ES-339 Pickguard bracket troubles

Drmojoxl

I purchased an ES-339 from someone who had removed and then lost the pickguard for it. I was directed to Pickguardian by Gibson to purchase a new pickguard which I did, but am having trouble locating the correct mounting bracket for it. Pickguardian sent a bracket for a 335 and it is too high. Anyone know the correct style mounting bracket for the 339 and where I may be able to locate one?

I'm not sure of the size of a 335 bracket. I have an ES 339 and an ES 175, and the brackets are quite different in size. I wouldn't know where you could get a new one, but you might try ebay for a used one.

The ES-339 is about the size of a Les Paul so although it is not the same bracket, one for the Les Paul may just fit if you do not care about "accuracy" to the original mount. It is available for about $5 for Nickel or $7 for Gold from Stew Mac or WD Music http://www.wdmusic.com/parts_hardware_pickguard_brackets.html .

Try writing to or calling Gibson again. Perhaps it might send you a new one if you word it right.

PS Going out on a limb here but why not this: http://www.wdmusic.com/archtop_mandolin_pickguard_bracket_chrome_jes7_cr.html ?

Jabberwocky, I have an Epiphone mandolin and the bracket is almost identical the the one in your second link. I measured the ES339 bracket and the mandolin bracket and the mandolin bracket is about a 1/16 of an inch longer. Drmojoxl, I think you could go with the bracket in the second link that Jabberwocky posted. The only issue may be, you may have to epoxy the metal end of the bracket under the pickguard. The ES339 bracket has a plastic end thats glued to the pickguard.

• 9 months later...

Archived