Gibson Brands Forums

QUESTION FOR ADMINISTATOR ON SERIAL NUMBER. MY MISTAKE!

nfwestergreen

First off, THANKS!!! You have been amazingly helpful. You have answered questions on 6 of my Guitars this week! BRAVO!!!

However, I need to make a correction and ask for some help again. I gave you the wrong serial # for the Lester I bought from Private Resrve, could you please check it for me? I was sold as this being a "one of a kind" R8 with Candy Apple Red Top and Natural (light) back. The bridge P/U is uncovered and the rest of the guitar has nickle hardware (including Grover Kidney Bean Tuners). The description claimed it to have CTS pots and Bumblebee Capacitiors. I am unsure of the pickups and would be very grateful for anything you can confirm about this absolutely beautiful looking and sounding Les Paul. A true piece of sonic ART!

Correct Serial #CS60286

In addition, you also ran the serial number for my '96 R9. Strange that the R9 comes back as Cherry and Washed Cherry - it appears to be a gloss finish (not vos) and it appears to be clearly Iced Tea!!! Weird. Any thoughts? Do we all see the Bursts slightly different?

Archived