Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Admin: A RED Axcess?!

turkeyT

Admin: I was in my local guitar shop on Saturday and saw a red Les Paul Axcess. Was this a one-off the Custom Shop did or will it become a standard color in 2009?

TurkeyT - if you like the rare ones, take a look at Ebay - there is a one-off Axcess in gold sparkle on black. Also on the 'bay a few months ago, an axcess in red & another in gecko. And seen at Wildwood recently was the supposedly "not gonna build 'em" Les Paul Custom Axcess as played by Lifeson. I settled for an off-the-shelf ice tea model, but I think you can get about any color you want if you order it through a CS dealer, pay the price & wait the wait.

Admin: I was in my local guitar shop on Saturday and saw a red Les Paul Axcess. Was this a one-off the Custom Shop did or will it become a standard color in 2009?

There are a few out there, along with green... I'm still waiting on the CUSTOM

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4338&p=11

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Gibson-Custom-Shop-Les-Paul-Axcess-RED-Burst_W0QQitemZ170269976242QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Gibson-Custom-Shop-Les-Paul-Axcess-Emerald-Burst_W0QQitemZ180297290607QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are a few out there' date=' along with green... I'm still waiting on the CUSTOM

[/quote']

Ask Carnac.....

George W. Bush, Middle East Oil supply, and the Les Paul Axcess Custom.

What are three things that will be OUT soon.....

• 2 weeks later...

Yup....there are a few. I think there were only 2 of them sent up to Canada through Long&McQuade. I had the other one shipped to the Bloor St. store in Toronto and as soon as I opened the case, I bought it. Absolutely amazing guitar! I'll post up some pics in a bit.

:)

One sitting on the wall at the Los Angeles Sam Ash on Sunset. Ratty looking top (why can Carvin seem to find outstanding flame maple for their carved-top guiltars at a $2000 price point while Gibson slaps "B" grade stuff on their Custom Shop guitars?), some handling scratches. The amber/pinky accessories (including the binding) look less than inviting on the red ones; should have been clean white binding with black pickup bezels, output jack square and switch surround. And does anyone else think it looks sorta cheap (for a $3799 guitar) to have single binding (rather than triple) around the body and none at all around the headstock? It makes little sense to slap black paint on the back and neck of the red one when the mahogany would do very well (as it does on cherry burst guitars) showing through a dark red translucent stain. But that's how these arrive. Yech.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived