Gibson Brands Forums

The joy of building stuff!

slavestate

Hello there,

Boy oh boy I have been busy! Playing a ton of music, fixing up the house and getting involved in some awesome DIY projects. I was looking around for an aluminum pedalboard and I just wasn't happy with the the lack of features (specifically mounting power supplies on a "mini" board) and the prices for such a simple design with the materials involved were a huge turn off as well. I mustered up some materials and started at it. I have been using a mini board from a major brand and I couldn't get past having to have my VooDoo Lab 2 power supply on top, taking up some much needed real estate. So I made one for myself out of 2x2" angle and 1x1" square tubing so that the power supply fits under the hood. Then I laid out the pedals where I knew they would be permanently in my signal chain and then drilled 5/8" holes to route the individual power cables to their respective pedals. After I centered the VDL2 supply underneath I marked its position and drilled and routed holes so I could run the wall power chord into the power supply. I opted to leave it "raw" only because I had a session to play literally minutes after its completion. I kind of like it that way anyhow. I built a second one to accommodate a JOYO power supply which is much smaller and only needed 1.5x1.5" angle and 1x1" square tubing. I had time after its build so I sprayed it black.

Overall I am effing stoked! Not only do I have two pedalboards that suit my needs 100%, I didn't have to pay and arm and a leg for it. The nice thing is with my main board it fits perfectly into another manufacturers bag and I don't have to worry about traveling with it. My next goal is to build some road cases!

I just wanted to share this with you all and hopefully spark some more creativity!

Enjoy.

DSC_0181_zps82b4232f.jpg

DSC_0183_zpsee88d275.jpg

DSC_0182_zps57cc3ef5.jpg

DSC_0186_zps473f0b47.jpg

Archived