Gibson Brands Forums

So, If Mahogany Is Getting Heavier.......

Murph

About the same... she took too hard on the champagne and vomited all the turkey =(

I was just joking with the "mahogany gettin heavier" thing hahahah

By the way, when I took her out of the case today, I felt that actually is not well-balanced. It's more body heavy. Although its close to balance...

Murph, the Prosonic was Fender's take on the cascading gain idea (I think) - what does it sound like in comparison with the Blue Angel ?

Over here, the Prosonic is a pretty rare beast. Sounds awesome on the Fender demo CD I have. For crunch, I love my JMP 50 MK II, but the Prosonic does a great clean sound as well as overdriven.

The Prosonic was always a mystery to me, as was the Blue Angel. Back when they were new, ya know, and you read about them.

I swapped my Marshall JCM900 (4100) half stack that I'd gigged with nearly a decade, even, for this combo, it was mint. Mines black, they made red and green also.

You are correct it has a clean channel, and a cascading gain channel. Tube rectifier (GZ34), and 2;6L6's and a butt load of 12AX7's. The Zinky designed amp has a knob that'll do.

1; Class A, Tube rectifier. 30 watts.

2; Class AB, Tube rectifier. 50 watts.

3; Class AB, SS rectifier. 60 watts.

The 2;10" Celestions say "Fender Custom Shop" on them. (There was no such place in 1996)

It is a very good amp. One of my favorites. People who don't own them say they "pop" when you change channels. Mine doesn't, never has. Fender has tried to cash in on the cult following of the Prosonic with the new "Supersonic", but it is a totally different amp. Lacking most of the Prosonic "mojo".

Not that it's BAD, it's just not a Prosonic.

The single channel, non master Blue Angel is a totally different beast. It's become my # 1, but I'm not much into high gain anymore. I'm keeping the Prosonic for when I need it though.

I like both amps a LOT, and like having stuff nobody else will show up with, ya know?

Best to ya.

Murph.

Archived