Gibson Brands Forums

50th Anniversary SG Standard 24 - Limited Run -

jaygl

Hey fellow SG'ers. I've just sent an e-mail to Gibby CS , trying to get an answer to my question of how many of the 2011 SG Standard 24, Anniversary models were built in total. There are different numbers floating arround the web , 400 to 600 depending on where you look. When the description says "Limited Run" , what are the "usual" numbers involved? Any gurus have any ideas? Cheers.

Thanks dponzi.....your right. Heres what I got back from Gibby CS:

Hello Jay,

The 50th Anniversary SG Standard 24 model was available for a Limited Time, rather than in specific limited numbers. It was only in production during 2011. We do not have production numbers available. Production numbers are most likely not high, so 400 to 600 is probably in the ballpark. Thanks.

So it could be there are 50 of 'em floating around out there, or 500. My local Long And McQuade had told me, at the time I ordered mine, that chainwide in Canada mine was one of 10 that they sold at that point. It seems that maybe there are very few of this model out there.

Thanks dponzi.....your right. Heres what I got back from Gibby CS:

Hello Jay,

The 50th Anniversary SG Standard 24 model was available for a Limited Time, rather than in specific limited numbers. It was only in production during 2011. We do not have production numbers available. Production numbers are most likely not high, so 400 to 600 is probably in the ballpark. Thanks.

So it could be there are 50 of 'em floating around out there, or 500. My local Long And McQuade had told me, at the time I ordered mine, that chainwide in Canada mine was one of 10 that they sold at that point. It seems that maybe there are very few of this model out there.

I bought the 50th anniversary 12-string SG. There were like a half a dozen 50th anniversary models. I remember reading something somewhere, that they made like 500 of each, but I wouldn't swear to it. Maybe I hallucinated that. I'm getting old and feeble minded LOL.

I have a non 50th Anv SG Standard 24 that was an AMS exclusive, it was made from left over 50th Anv SG standard 24's.

SG24MEBCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

I've removed the pickguard and all the screw holes for the little wing PG and HB PU rings are there.

She has some great horns, very thin for a 68 style body/neck joint.

I have a non 50th Anv SG Standard 24 that was an AMS exclusive, it was made from left over 50th Anv SG standard 24's.

SG24MEBCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

I've removed the pickguard and all the screw holes for the little wing PG and HB PU rings are there.

She has some great horns, very thin for a 68 style body/neck joint.

That sounds sweet.....can you post some pics of her?

Archived