Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Tribute Plus Knobs

Eddie 70

I got my new Les Paul Tribute Plus Thursday of this week. Everything on the guitar is in good shape and working correctly. The one thing that kind of bothers me is the knobs. One of the volume knobs will not stay in place very well unless I put the knob on in a wrong position. Not a big deal but not something I want to happen. I am already thinking I want to put new knobs on just to keep this from happening.

Has anyone else had this happen with their new LP?

Where did you get replacements from?

I got my new Les Paul Tribute Plus Thursday of this week.

CONGRATS!!! How about some pics?

You do have split shaft pots. Have you tried adjusting the diameter of the shaft with a screwdriver? (pliers for decreasing the size)...or...

Is the knob poorly made?

In any case, changing knobs is not a big deal. (although you need to be more careful with push/ pulls)

Just remember that Epi pots are metric course knurled spline.

If you change the knobs it is a better fit with coarse-knurled knobs.

The Gibson knobs are fine spline for imperial shafts such as CTS.

Willy

CONGRATS!!! How about some pics?

You do have split shaft pots. Have you tried adjusting the diameter of the shaft with a screwdriver? (pliers for decreasing the size)...or...

Is the knob poorly made?

In any case, changing knobs is not a big deal. (although you need to be more careful with push/ pulls)

Just remember that Epi pots are metric course knurled spline.

If you change the knobs it is a better fit with coarse-knurled knobs.

The Gibson knobs are fine spline for imperial shafts such as CTS.

Willy

Thank you Willy. I don't know why it did not occur to me to try and spread the split shaft. That worked great. I ran outside this afternoon before we left the house to take some pics of the guitar only to find out the batteries in my camera needed charging. It is black cherry and reminds me a lot of the color of the one in your avatar. I will get a few tomorrow and post them up.

Congrats on your new Tribute Plus! Mine's midnight sapphire (my avatar pic) and I love it. I'm sure you will too. [thumbup]

So far I do love it. I have played it every day so far giving it no rest! I looked at the Midnight Sapphire at Sam Ash in Atlanta and liked it alot! I also liked the Midnight Cherry and wound up buying that.

DSC04731_zps6f7c6213.jpg

DSC04730_zpse1d86636.jpg

DSC04732_zps307ac477.jpg

Archived