Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul with Tremolo Arm

Williamcai

I'm assuming you have an "inspired by George Harrison" model. It's not a signature model, but that's what it's been called online.

I was under the impression that they had Bigsby-branded Bigsbys, not the Epiphone-branded, but I can be wrong.

We had an extensive conversation about it in this thread at EpiWiki. His is from Qing Dao, though.

It looks awesome!

The finish goes really nice with cream plastics and body binding and the Bigsby adds some charisma. If that beauty was a gibby with vintage kluson tuners it would be even better.

- I'm not being a jerk, I just don't like how this modern Epiphone headstock looks. I can't stand it, really -

- I'm not being a jerk' date=' I just don't like how this modern Epiphone headstock looks. I can't stand it, really -[/quote']That's not a jerk thing to say, I don't like the Gibson-size Epiphone headstock either. I like the "vintage" pre-Gibson-size Epiphone headstock, like the Sheraton uses, and the acoustic/archtop headstock, but not the normal one.

I don't really like the Elitist headstock, either, and that was based on an old Epiphone headstock - I found it on a 1930s Masterbilt. I do like the Masterbilt offset headstock, though.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul I bought new 10 years ago. There was a limited edition around 1996-97 with flame tops in different transparent colors like blue, red, green, amber, etc. Is yours a trapeze style bigsby or the horseshoe style (like mine, pictured below)? Does it have a limited edition logo on the back of the headstock?

Here's my '98...

epi_lpvt01.jpg

• 3 months later...
I have an Epiphone Les Paul I bought new 10 years ago. There was a limited edition around 1996-97 with flame tops in different transparent colors like blue' date=' red, green, amber, etc. Is yours a trapeze style bigsby or the horseshoe style (like mine, pictured below)? Does it have a limited edition logo on the back of the headstock?

Here's my '98...

[img']http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/2manyGuitars/My%20Guitars/epi_lpvt01.jpg[/img]

I have the same model as GuitarJunkie has, but mine is in Tobacco Burst, Is thís a limited edition?

Archived