Gibson Brands Forums

The Captain

Teer

Was into my local Long&McQuade today to pick up a harness for my Ric 4001. While there, my buddy Rick(salesperson) showed me a pic of the Kirk Douglas Gibson SG. I'm not a big fan of the SG but the price was too good to pass up, $1399.00 Needless to say I put a down payment on one. And its funny because I went in to purchase one of the new Fender Dimension basses. Go figure. And it's another Gibby in the family. Why not?

The selector switch is also a blend knob for the middle p/u, as well as the neck & bridge p/u can be coil-split via the pots.

Methinks a good buy.

Teer

Was into my local Long&McQuade today to pick up a harness for my Ric 4001. While there, my buddy Rick(salesperson) showed me a pic of the Kirk Douglas Gibson SG. I'm not a big fan of the SG but the price was too good to pass up, $1399.00 Needless to say I put a down payment on one. And its funny because I went in to purchase one of the new Fender Dimension basses. Go figure. And it's another Gibby in the family. Why not?

The selector switch is also a blend knob for the middle p/u, as well as the neck & bridge p/u can be coil-split via the pots.

Methinks a good buy.

Teer

I do think so, too. [thumbup]

Sometimes it's funny how things can go. Once I was about to buy a Fender Robert Cray Signature Stratocaster - sadly there are no other Fender hardtail Strats anymore beside the Robert Cray models - and went with a Gibson Les Paul Traditional. But it never happened to me that I was out to buy a bass and came home with a guitar or vice versa. :rolleyes:

Archived