Gibson Brands Forums

Solid Black J 100

Corey

I am looking to purchase a solid black J100 built in Nashville in 1987. Have any of you seen these guitars? If so, what is your opinion on the guitar itself? Thanks!

A 1987 would have been built in Nashville. (Not that there's anything wrong with that....)

Steve Earle played a black mid-80s J-100 for a spell. It was featured during his Guitar Town and Copperhead Road period. (I think I saw that guitar for sale somewhere in the last ten years.)

steve-earle-copperhead-road.jpg

earle.jpg

Steve+Earle+-+Chronicles+-+3+Classic+Albums+-+TRIPLE+CD-426554.jpg

steve-earle-guitar-town.jpg

Fred

I am looking to purchase a solid black J100 built in Nashville in 1987. Have any of you seen these guitars? If so, what is your opinion on the guitar itself? Thanks!

That is actually the one I bought. I put on Ebay to see if it would sell. I am not in a hurry to sell though so I have turned down a few offers. It's a great sounding guitar.

That is odd... You ask if anyone has seen one and what their opinion is about it... You want to buy one.... but you already own one and are trying to sell it?

I would appear that you already have an opinion about it and you are trying to get rid of it...

Very strange post...

That is odd... You ask if anyone has seen one and what their opinion is about it... You want to buy one.... but you already own one and are trying to sell it?

I would appear that you already have an opinion about it and you are trying to get rid of it...

Very strange post...

I agree. I thought I was doing the guy a solid posting the eBay listing. Whatever.

I was looking to purchase the guitar last week and researching it here on the forum. I got the info I needed and bought the J100 Sunday. Told wife what I did and she said she didn't like the idea so EBay on Monday. The info you provided was very helpful though and I really appreciated it.

Ahhh.... That makes good sense now. One thing we MUST DO... keep the wife happy...

As they say, "A happy wife is a happy life"

I guess I am fortunate to be in the business so every guitar I buy is though the shop. When I get them repaired I tell her I have to keep it (and play it) for a while to make sure the repairs don't fail... As good of an excuse as any. [thumbup]

Sorry you had to get rid of it so soon.

Bob

Archived