Gibson Brands Forums

The Maple Flyer

E-minor7

Everytime I have tried to post something about the/a Dove, it has been almost overlooked, which creates not only a funny pattern and a psychological riddle, but also a challenge.

Naturally I move again.

Here's an interesting ex.

A Norlin in rather good shape - of course double X-braced, , , but, , , with split-parallelogram inlays.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d441d6d69

Yes, I'd like to hear it.

It looks real good. Might well be one of the gems from that often maligned era. But like we all know, you can't tell until you play it. Judging by the pics though, it looks great. The pick guard (assuming its the original) doesn't show much wear, so it may have been played rarely or lightly....... Now that I've got a Dove, I think "the" maple sound is what I've been looking for. A much deeper and broader sound than I was expecting. Very-well balanced too.

Doves don't get mentioned a lot in here. I don't think it's because they're not liked. Instead, I think it's because there are not that many of them around. As far as volume goes, the Dove can make as much noise as any, but it's different. It's a more relaxed and softer tone. Just as loud, but in a way it's easier-on-the-ears.

Archived