Gibson Brands Forums

Consolidation of Organizations

J.R.M.30!

Yeah, it's a non-sports forum but here it goes anyway, I propose the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals merge together to form one team. I am not the first to think of this idea. I think having two football teams in the state of Ohio lessons the competitiveness of the NFL and unneccessarily divides the state. Sure the two cities would be different but for the good of the state. The team would naturally reside in Columbus, the capital. Heck my thinking is that most states would be better off if they had just one NFL team, as there're two too many pre-season games, which lends itself to too many teams. Again, my thinking is less is more so Columbus could keep either pro hockey or pro soccer or neither. I wouldn't even be propsed to less games. What are all of your thoughts on this topic? :-k

Yeah, it's a non-sports forum but here it goes anyway, I propose the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals merge together to form one team. I am not the first to think of this idea. I think having two football teams in the state of Ohio lessons the competitiveness of the NFL and unneccessarily divides the state. Sure the two cities would be different but for the good of the state. The team would naturally reside in Columbus, the capital. Heck my thinking is that most states would be better off if they had just one NFL team, as there're two too many pre-season games, which lends itself to too many teams. Again, my thinking is less is more so Columbus could keep either pro hockey or pro soccer or neither. I wouldn't even be propsed to less games. What are all of your thoughts on this topic? :-k

There are a lot of two team states, but they are in separate conferences. For example, PA has two teams, but Pittsburgh is in the AFC and Philadelphia is in the NFC. I can see where it is confusing for Ohio residents because both teams are in the AFC. I think states with two teams should have the teams in different conferences to differentiate them a bit.

Archived