Gibson Brands Forums

Epi WildKat?

tweed2

A question regarding a considered project. Any screw holes left on the face of a WildKat if the Bigsby is removed? If so, would they be covered by a Maestro-type vibrola? Not even sure there's enough room for one on there. I can't quite see the answer from pictures. If anyone has one, could you put a tape on yours an tell me what it is from bridge to edge? Thanks.

A question regarding a considered project. Any screw holes left on the face of a WildKat if the Bigsby is removed? If so, would they be covered by a Maestro-type vibrola? Not even sure there's enough room for one on there. I can't quite see the answer from pictures. If anyone has one, could you put a tape on yours an tell me what it is from bridge to edge? Thanks.

Pat,

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, and the pix and measurements aren't the best, but you'll get the idea:

007_zps521425ed.jpg

006_zpsc233c975.jpg

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Actually, Dennis, I'm looking for bridge to end of body, to see if a Maestro would fit.

Okay, let's try this again. Here's another shot. It looks like 8" from front of the bridge to the back of the guitar body. The bridge is 1/2" wide, and the posts are dead center on it. I should mention that this is not the stock bridge, it's a Gotoh.

002_zps00998fc5.jpg

Archived