Gibson Brands Forums

help. Les Paul studio,sea foam green possibly

Treym1994

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum but i was curious about the serial code on my guitar. Its a les paul studio deluxe, the color is similar to sea foam green. The serial code is 198080055. Could someone give me more info please? I can't seem to find any info that fits that code. Thanks.

Yep, thats the Turquoise Studio model. They had pearloid pickguards, but you cant tell from the picture in the wiki. The early model Studios, like yours, had trapezoid inlays and covered pickups like the Les Paul Standards, but no binding. The main difference between yours and a Studio of that era are the lack of pickup covers, which is now a permanent feature that sets the models apart these days. There were no Studio Deluxe models back then. When Epiphone switched the Studios to dot inlays and open-coil pickups, they later released the Studio Deluxe as an upgraded model below the Les Paul Standard.

These guitars arent necessarily rare, as they do show up from time to time. Definitely one of the less common colors you will find though.

Archived