Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Gothic

jb333

Just got a 2000 LP Gothic off of Ebay for $470, with case. Has a couple tiny chips but otherwise is in awesome shape for an almost 14 year old guitar. I friggin' love it. It plays amazing and with a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the neck and a TB4 in the bridge running into an MXR Fullbore Metal and an Egnater Tweaker 40 head through a Mesa Boogie 112, it screams like no other guitar I've ever played. I can't find any info about these guys online. Do they share the same electronics and hardware as the regular Studios? I'd like to upgrade some of the hardware and need to know what I'm looking for. Thanks for any info/posts. Just got here, it's my first post.post-63373-054024800 1392248478_thumb.jpgpost-63373-051823800 1392248442_thumb.jpgpost-63373-060906200 1392248455_thumb.jpgpost-63373-076611800 1392248466_thumb.jpg

Hope you are enjoying your new LP! Here is the spec sheet for this model.

Thanks for the spec sheet. It says it comes with a Tune O Matic bridge. Mine has Germany

stamped on it. Did Gibson put Schallers on these? I need to replace the saddles and want to be sure before I order.

I ended up buying a Gibson Gothic Explorer and a Gibson Gothic VEE,both were serious tone monsters with the ceramic 500t and 496r pickups.There has never been to much info on them when they came out,I could never find how many were made total.I really wanted a LP like yours but never had the money at the same time they were around,there was even a ES-335 Gothic,real cool looking in all dull black.BTW you got a serious killer price on that LP congrats.

I ended up buying a Gibson Gothic Explorer and a Gibson Gothic VEE,both were serious tone monsters with the ceramic 500t and 496r pickups.There has never been to much info on them when they came out,I could never find how many were made total.I really wanted a LP like yours but never had the money at the same time they were around,there was even a ES-335 Gothic,real cool looking in all dull black.BTW you got a serious killer price on that LP congrats.

Thanks. The guy I got it from really didn't know what he had. These don't seem too popular which is fine by me. Black isn't for evryone. I found pictures of one guitar that the owner put chrome hardware on and was wanting to remove the inlay on the 12th fret. Made me wonder why he bought it. You can find them on

Ebay going for $500 to $900 usually if you're still looking. It's definitely not Gibson's top of the line but they're fun to play and sound amazing.

• 3 months later...

I have a Les Paul Gothic from 2000, and man, I love the guitar! Bought it as a back-up guitar but I play the gothic more and more!

The sound is...big! Really like the feel of the guitar. I have the EMG Hetset pickups in it and it sounds killer, I play rhythm guitar in a metal band so it is a perfect match :)

Archived