Gibson Brands Forums

Roller bridge recommendation?

creekster52

I have a 2002 G-400 SG with a Bigsby B5/V5 installed. The only roller bridge I have found that is the correct radius (12") is the Stew-Mac Golden Age Roller Bridge. The problem with this bridge is that the post bushings are smaller than the stock bushings, so the holes would need to be filled and redrilled. Anyone have an alternative suggestion for a 12" radius roller bridge?

BTW...The Wilkinson and Schaller roller bridges are 14" radius.

Just a suggestion, but if you can't find one that works without major surgery, it might be worth trying Graphtech replacement saddles in the existing Tunomatic? I have them in my ES-355 and they work well, with less binding than the original saddles when I use the Bigsby aggressively.

Thanks for the info on the graphtech saddles. I did order some pretty nice replacement roller saddles off Ebay, but the did not fit the existing bridge. I think they were made to fit the Nashville bridge, which also uses smaller bushings.

Filling and re-drilling the holes is probably going to be my best option. Not major surgery, just a pain in the ***. It does amaze me that there are not more roller bridges with a 12" radius on the market. Most guitars with 14" radius necks are already equipped with trems. The only 14" radius guitars I currently own are Agiles.

Archived