Gibson Brands Forums

1930s new old stock klusons

A few years back I picked up a new old stock NOS set of klusons from a source...this was the rarest and finest set. I purchased 5 or 6 sets of klusons from the 40s..for A few guitars and picked these up for a 41 j35 that I had at the time..that I sold to obtanin my white whale..a 46 southern jumbo...this is the finest set of 1930s klusons ive everv

Seen..being nos and never been installed on a guitar....

other than j35 and loo..which other models might have had this set installed? Any Martin models? Doubt it but wondering..white buttons...riveted posts...posts pop out of the three on a tree. Hmmm.thought I could put pics up butno option for pics...

I needed a set of Klusons for my 1942 J-50. Like you I had over the years scavenged up a bunch of screw and single rivet Klusons. They were in good shape but certainly not close to what I would call NOS. I then stumbled on a late 1930s Regal Recording King which had the cover over the tuners. Except for the exposed buttons the things were darn near new looking. Best part, the guitar only set me back $30. As a bonus I put a set of not as nice Klusons back on the guitar and am in the process of slowly but surely fixing it up.

Archived