Gibson Brands Forums

Need a new LG-0 pickguard

dave11222

I have owned this LG-0 since 1967. For whatever reason, I removed the pickguard and misplaced it. I would love to get a measured engineering drawing of the original, an original, or a copy of an original. I have a friend who is a machinist and could make me one if I only had the drawings. Does anyone have a suggestion? I tried Gibson but no one seems to want to email me a drawing. I know they have them. I was an engineering tech for 20 years. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

post-65601-069456000 1401147831_thumb.jpg

Try Terrapin Guitars. I know they have templates on their website but am not sure if they have one for an LG.

Don't think they have a template for a 60's LG-0 like that one. But I would email and ask, maybe it's just not on the site. The one time I ordered from them they were very helpful.

I'd take this opportunity to make a normal (smaller) sized LG style guard. Would make the guitar look a lot better imo.

You should be able to trace an outline from the tracks left by the original pick guard. Then you can cut your own. The machinist should not be necessary. Get a blank from LMI or Stewmac, warm it with a hair dryer and cut it out with scissors. Clean the edges with 400/600 grit sand paper.

Archived