Gibson Brands Forums

1962 Sorrento reissue Natural in da house!!

poopcicle

I have another question. Ive NEVER owned an electric guitar with a floating bridge. I know its "period correct" and all..but any problems with it moving around?? What do you think of the bridge?

Knocked mine once out of position. Used violin rosin on the base and it has stayed put for the last 6 months with daily playing.

Knocked mine once out of position. Used violin rosin on the base and it has stayed put for the last 6 months with daily playing.

You can use Rosin, have it pinned , use a small length of double sided tape or do nothing! My guy used tape on mine, he says it doesn't effect tone or sustain and does the job keeping the bridge in place as well as it is easy to remove if necessary.

No problem at all it fell over when I was taking the plastic off, but I have done nothing, rosin, tape, whatever and it doesn't move at all. My partner once moved it but as he himselfacknowledged he's used to his thirty year old Tele that's been through a hurricane. I don't think the bridge would stay put through a hurricane :)If that's a deal breaker for you, then get a Tele :)

Archived