Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone with classic 57's

deluxe strat

Hi

Im new here, and im sure this has been asked before but i have an epiphone les paul standard plus top and i wanted to maybe put gibson classic 57 pick ups in it. the problem is the classic 57 comes in 4 wire or 2 wire but the classic 57 plus only comes in 2 wire. my epiphone has the push pull coil taps on it , from what i have read these take a 4 wire.if thats so my question is if i get 57's with the 2 wire leads and change the 2 volume pots will this work?or do i need something else ? has anyone done this? and did you like the results? thanks Butch

So I can use the same push pull pots with the 2 wire pickups? I realize the push pull wont work, but those pots will work? cool

Yep they'll work fine. If you wanna get a little crazy you CAN use the push/pull pots to setup series / parallel (of the two pickups with each other) and phase inversion on those 2 wire pickups.

Yep they'll work fine. If you wanna get a little crazy you CAN use the push/pull pots to setup series / parallel (of the two pickups with each other) and phase inversion on those 2 wire pickups.

that sounds good, maybe a little over my head. but is there some place to go that shows the wiring diagram for that?

Archived