Gibson Brands Forums

Latest Rabswood idea.. The Yin/Yang guitar

Rabs

Hello Rabs!

It does. I have three Les Pauls and one L6-S. Same scale-lenght, same hardware. The distance between the bridge and stopbar on L6-S is nearly twice as much as on a Les Paul.

The L6-S feels softer to play.

Cheers... Bence

Ok... Thanks for that info..

I will try it next time [thumbup]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello again...

Been fixing up my workshop and tidying which needed to be done as it gets messy and from time to time I really need a good clear up or things get too chaotic, even for me :) But look at all that lovely wood

DSC_0665_zps070b77df.jpg

DSC_0666_zps12f0f4d7.jpg

Anyway.. So I glued the new neck heel bit on the back as to clean up the joint since it really didn't look good... So I made sure it was all flat and ready for the block

DSC_0669_zps02ff01f6.jpg

And glued :)

DSC_0674_zpsff97c460.jpg

Looks ok.. we will see tomorrow when I sand it back..

DSC_0675_zps4663d23f.jpg

I also have two more Yin/Yang bodies I glued over the last couple of days... NOW that's the shizzle im talking about ;)

DSC_0667_zps5248be01.jpg

DSC_0668_zpsdd793043.jpg

Meanwhile those other two that im finishing.. I think I will be putting the maple one together tomorrow so could be a cool update..

Thanks for watching and more soon [thumbup]

Hellloooooo.....

Today, as well as my guitar smashing antics I went back to that neck heel as I wanst happy with the way it looked

It looked like this

DSC_0625_zpsaab3c771.jpg

Now it looks like this

DSC_0678_zpsafaa70e6.jpg

DSC_0681_zps74e6b90d.jpg

Not quite perfect but not too bad I think

DSC_0682_zpsa556aaff.jpg

DSC_0683_zps7d6d35ad.jpg

And with some finish on

DSC_0686_zpsde342d6f.jpg

DSC_0687_zpsb216b87e.jpg

So there we are... Im not 100% happy with this guitar anyway.. So I may put it aside and make a new one and come back to it as some point.

Still, all good learning going on here.. Each generation of my builds get slightly better so as ive seen before, these are my learning curve guitars...

Well, have a good weekend one and all, and thanks as ever, for watching :) [thumbup]

Archived